More about the wonderful world of Crochet

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Heart Neckwarmer


Heart Neckwarmer
Originally uploaded by Marchena.
This is personally one of my favorite designs. I intend to extend the design to include variations to replace the heart - perhaps with flowers.

I dyed this wool - it was some undyed boucle that I bought by the cone and dyed it red to get the shade I wanted. Now we live in Spain I use wine vinegar to set my dye. Some how it seems really decadent to use wine vinegar for my dying - but it is the cheapest vinegar I can get and it least the kitchen doesn't smell too bad afterwards! When I get a table top stove for my workshop I will be able to dye in my workshop which will please Ian - he gets upset at the strange coloured saucepans etc that he gets presented with!

The Heart Neckwarmer pattern is on BellaOnline Crochet

No comments: